Hiring for Police Officers is handled though the Indianapolis Airport Authority's Human Resources Department, who will have both police department and other airport jobs listed.
The Police Officer is responsible for the enforcement of airport ordinances, TSA security regulations and state and federal criminal statutes.
- All non-certified applicants are required to pass the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy physical fitness exit standards as part of the hiring process.
- Shall have no felony convictions
- Shall not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
- Shall not have been dishonorably discharged from the military
- Must reside in Marion County or any of the six adjacent counties (Hendricks, Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Johnson, Morgan).
- Contact the Indianapolis Airport Authority's Human Resources Department for a current and full list of requirements.
- Starting salary of $37,500 with the opportunity for raises based on performance
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution match
- Work in a friendly atmosphere ensuring the safety and security of the airport
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants. IAA provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
IAA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities as required under federal and state laws. This policy governs all personnel decisions, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.