To pick up a passenger outside of the terminal at curbside:
- Take I-70 to exit 68 and follow blue road signs to the Cell Phone Lot
- Have passengers call your cell phone when they are waiting at the curb with their bags
- Exit the Cell Phone Lot and follow signs to the arrivals level of the terminal
- Pull to the curb and load passengers and bags
- Exit the airport following signs
No vehicles may be left unattended when greeting arriving passengers. Vehicles may pull to the curb when actively loading and unloading passengers and luggage. Unattended vehicles will be towed immediately.
To pick up a passenger inside of the terminal:
- Take I-70 to exit 68 and follow signs to the Terminal Garage
- Park in the Terminal Garage, we recommend using Hourly Parking
- Use the Pedestrian Bridge on level three to walk inside of the terminal
- Check the digital displays located throughout the airport for flight status times and gate locations
- Visitors may not greet arriving passengers at their arrival gate, but can wait in the Civic Plaza
Passengers arriving in Indianapolis on direct international flights will be cleared by U.S. Customs and federal security officers immediately after landing.
On average, customs inspection and clearance takes 20 minutes. Once cleared, passengers retrieve their bags in the International Arrivals on the south end of the Baggage Claim.